Friday, July 20, 2012

Old...Before 30!!!!

This is a blog I wrote on another site dated March 1, 2010. To see the original post visit http://shine.yahoo.com/shine/old-before-30-980158.html


Old...Before 30!!!!!


You know, when people would tell me your body goes thru a lot of changes right around the 30 year old mark I laughed at them! Not because I didn't necessarily believe them, but because at the time I wasn't anywhere NEAR 30 and of course I thought "I'll be fine. That won't happen to me!" Boy, I couldn't have been more WRONG!! Some examples: 

~~This past weekend was a sure reminder that my days of "stomping with the big dogs" are done!! And by that I mean, hanging out all hours of the night only to have to wake up early the next morning. I have had non stop headaches since yesterday because of lack of sleep!! And as much as I would like to be like Jamie and blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-alcohol, one glass of wine normally doesn't cause this agony! And when I do manage to hang, I'm yawning endlessly and watching the clock to see what time it is!! Even when I'm havin fun!! Makes absolutely no sense!! 

~~I used to be able to eat anything thing I want with out the fear of embarrassing myself thru the release of bodily gasses!! I'm originally from Indiana, so White Castle hamburgers were one of the many foods I grew up on loving. Everyone else around me used to complain about how it gave them the BGs, made them pass gas and all that! Not me..no siree! UNTIL, my last trip back home over Christmas! I got a taste of what everyone else was talking about! NOT a happy camper!! So I'm thinking either it really was the White Castle, or the yearssss of Karma coming back on me for always teasing my college roommate/BFF for her lil "problem". Lets just say it reminded us of Simba's roar!! LOL!! 

I don't know! The mere thought of turning 30 kind of frightened me cause I thought, well there goes the end of my youth! There goes my ability to act silly and goofy without being looked at like I'm crazy. There goes my ability to drop it like its hott! They say 30 is the new 20 but I'm not so sure I agree with that! And it doesn't help that all my friends are the EXACT same way! What makes it so bad is that I still have a couple more years until I can claim the ripe old age! I'm not gonna diss it though. Each trip I make around the sun is a blessing..shoot, each day I wake up!! I just hope I can find the energy from somewhere, and my internal organs will go back to the way they were!! :)

No comments: